Rest and Recovery week continued through the weekend. I used Saturday to double up and catch up on the workout that was missed on Tuesday. So the weekend went as follows: Friday: Pilates X, Saturday: Dynamix (make-up) and CVX, Sunday: Dynamix (Make up from missed Easter Weekend). So I am now caught up on all workouts. I will do Yoga X on Monday (this evening) and will be ready to start Week 5 on schedule.
The only new workout this weekend was Pilates X: Here is a rundown of what is involved.
The Kids: Stephanie Saunders, Todd the X2 graduate, and Shawna Brannon (who is apparently Tony’s girlfriend). Wow Tony has a girlfriend? Apparently she does not mind the smell of Dreya’s coochie all over Tony’s hand.
Breathing and core moves… that is all. I guess not…. Here are all the moves. To say that I did not accomplish all of them would be an understatement. Some require flexiblitiy that I just do not have.
- Hundreds: On your back, curl your chin up and extend you legs outward and at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Extend arms towards hips and pump them towards the floor while breathing.
- Single Leg Stretch: On your back, pull your knees into your chest and curl you chin up. Reach your right hand to the left knee and your left hand to the left ankle. Extend the other leg out at a 45-degree angle. Pull on your leg twice then switch.
- Double Leg Stretch: Like the Single Leg Stretch, except instead of pulling your knees to your chest, you do this with both legs straight. I call this the cheating Fifer Scissors move.
- Peter’s Bridge: On your back, have your legs straight. Extend your legs towards the floor being sure to keep your lower back down. Only lower your legs until you feel your lower back move. Lift legs and repeat.
- Teaser: Start on your back with legs straight up to the ceiling. Extend arms overhead and legs down to 45-degrees as you begin to lift into Boat.
- V Rocker: In Plow, grab both ankles and rock forward to balance on your tailbone. Rock back and forth.
- Bridge Lifts: On your back with knees bent, press your hips to the ceiling and extend on leg up. Lower the straight leg down and back up lifting the hips. Repeat.
- Scissor Ball: Seated on your tailbone, hold the outside of your ankles and rock to your shoulders. Next, rock forward to balance on your tailbone again bringing one leg straight upward and the other straight and hovering off the floor. Curl back into a ball and rock back extending the legs in opposite directions.
- Bicycle: Start seated with knees bent and wide elbows behind the head. Extend one leg out at 45-degrees, keeping the other bent. Turn your elbows towards the bent knees. Switch legs and rotate your elbows so you are always having your elbow go towards the bent knee. Original Ab Ripper X move.
- Hip Circles: Lying on your back, extend on leg straight up. Circle that leg out, around, and up. Switch directions after five reps. Then switch sides and do the other side five times in each direction.
- Floating Cobra: On your stomach with core engaged, lift your chest and shoulders off the ground without using your hands. Hold and then lower. Repeat.
- The Swimmer / The Flutter / The Bad Attitude: On your stomach, extend your arms overhead in front of you. Kick your legs and alternate your arms for The Swimmer. For The Flutter, bring your arms behind you and try tapping them together over your body. Have your legs crisscross above and below each other. For The Bad Attitude, bend both knees and bring your heels together behind your glutes. Place you head on the floor and push the heels towards the ceiling.
- Saw: On your back with legs wide, curl up off the floor and reach straight forward. Come into a seated position and reach your arm to the opposite foot, then lower back to the floor. On the next time up, switch sides so you’re reaching the other arm to the other foot. This move is part of Ab Ripper X as well.
- Alphabet Soup: Lying on your back with your hands flat underneath you, lower your legs to 45-degrees. Spell the alphabet in the air. Some of us know about this move using your tongue.
- Scissor Side Plank: On your side with your forearm on the ground in a low t-stand, lift your top leg and kick it forward and then sweep it back.
- Sphinx Flag: In forearm plank, lift one foot behind you. Pulse it twice in the air and then bring it out to the side, tap the floor twice. Repeat switching sides each time.
- Clam Killer: In side arm plank, bring your top foot to your knee, rotate up and back, and then bring it back to your ankle. Kick that leg up to the ceiling and repeat. Do the move on both sides, doing one side completely and then the other.
- T’s T: In side plank, lift your top foot to the ceiling and then tap the floor in front of you. Bring the leg back up and tap the floor behind.
- Scissor Roller: One your back with legs and arms extended, curl your torso off the ground and reach your hands past your toes. Next, lift your torso and your right straight leg. Release both down to starting position.
- The Pretzel: Seated, with your right foot crossed over your left and your weight on your left hand, lift your right leg up and around until it bend behind you. Pulse and then return to crossed position.